Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Week 74

July 14, 2014

Hello USA!!!

I DON'T WANT TO LEAVE!!!!!  <-------This is how I feel about the mission!!! I'm loving everything about it right now and I can't believe it's getting taken away from me in 5 months. I don't know how I feel about leaving in 5 months. I know have too, but I'm not sure if i'll like it hahaha. I'm just kidding...I'll like it! But I just don't want to think of that yet!!!!

So last Pday was super fun!!!! We played beach volleyball with the zone against another zone! I forget how much I love that sport until I play it! After that we treated ourselves to TGIFridays (literally the best restaurant in Cochabamba) haha So that was a magical Pday!

This was such a great week for us! We had zero distractions. No one from the zone called us to take care of something, there were no conferences, no interviews, no leaders council, nothing!!!!!!! It was so awesome! We just worked and worked and worked. Tuesday was a great day! We decided to fast for Niviva. She's an investigator of ours who is so close to baptism. She's 17 and super cool! I meet her like my first week here in Sacaba so I've known her a while now! We visited her Tuesday and invited her to get baptized this Saturday. She told us she's going to pray and read the scriptures to receive an answer and she would tell us Thursday. So we went and she was very happy to tell us that she wants to get baptized!! It was a great baptismal service. Super spiritual and happy. We thought it would be best if the bishop baptized her so we asked him and he was thrilled!  Super spiritual and happy. Her mom is a recent convert of 5 months so she was very happy and excited to see her daughters baptism. We are planning to go to the temple with them within the next couple of weeks. 

We are also working very hard with a family we recently found! They are the Montaño family. We knocked their door this week. They let us in,  and we shared The Restoration and invited them to be baptized the 9th of August, and they all accepted! The dad is Marcial. The mom is Soñia and the oldest son Andres 15. They also have two younger children Brenda 7, and Edward 4. This family is very special. They don't understand everything we teach but they say they feel something and that its a good thing. That's why they accepted to baptized. They all went to church on Sunday. We are praying hard for them and looking forward to seeing them again. I ask that you please keep this family in your prayers these up coming weeks. 

Thursday morning I was called to be in the city at 6 am to renew my Bolivian ID. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. Sometimes I wonder where the time goes and why it has to be soooo fast. I'm trying to take it all in, but sometimes it's hard when we are just doing a million things a day at 100 mph. haha 

Yesterday was a tough day simply because I got sick again! What the heck! I thought I was over that! I didn't even go to church! My stomach randomly just started hurting in the morning and I started throwing up and having a fever. I guess one never gets used to Bolivia, completely. haha I'm fine now! It was just a 24 hour bug. Hopefully that's the last!! 

Well family and friends! I love you all so much. I know there's no better place for me to be than here. I'm 100% sure that the Lord has a plan. I know this is his church. I'm grateful to have been born into the family I have. I'm learning little by little to count my blessings. I hope everyone has a great week!! Until the next!

Love,
Elder Berrett

Niviva, her mom and the Bishop

Me, Niviva and Elder Nicho and some friends

Me and Niviva before the ordinance

and after! :)

Niviva wants to be a missionary in 2 years so this is the picture with all the missionaries that were there!

No comments:

Post a Comment