Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week 34

October 7, 2013
Hey Everyone!!

So this week had its ups and downs. I want to start off by saying thank you for those of you that fasted for me, my companion, and our investigator Abel. Turns out he doesn't want to be baptized quite yet. It's disappointing for me. I was so excited then when we met with him and he told me that, my heart dropped. I don't know what it is. 7 months in one area and nothing. I'm hoping, praying, and working for a miracle in these next 2 weeks. I have a great example to help me. His name is Elder Bell. He's going home this transfer. He was my last zone leader. I've never met a more spiritual guy. I did a transfer with him one night and he explained to me that I just need to press on and do all that I can do. He's my inspiration because he's about to go home and he has only baptized 8 people in his 2 years, which is very low for here. So I'm trying to always remember his words.

What a conference, right!!? I agree with President Monson....That was one of the most spiritual conferences I've ever watched. I have a notebook full of notes that hit me hard. I think we all loved and will never forget President Uchtdorfs quote, "Doubt your doubts before you doubt your faith." This for me changed my view as a person, a missionary, and a priesthood holder. I have no doubt, that this is The Church of Jesus Christ.

Anyways, that's about all!! I love you guys and cant wait to chat. I got really sick Monday night and didn't leave the house until Thursday so that's why I don't have a whole lot for you guys!! I'm good now, so don't worry!!

Love, Elder Kyler Golden Berrett

Dad:
Hey bud, it's Dad - So sorry to hear about Abel. Those were always the toughest times in the mission for me. It won't be the last time that happens to you. You need to do as Elder Bell suggests and just press on. It's all in the Lord's time. Just keep working hard and praying for help, that's all you can do. It will all work out!!Sorry to hear you got so sick. Was it just bad food, you think? Or what was it?

Kyler:
Hey I'm here!!
Thanks dad. I'm just going keep working!! Yeah, I think it was bad food.

Dad:
Conference was very good! I think Mom told you, but we were home alone on Saturday and got to enjoy both sessions without any kids running around. It was nice. That's the first time in a long time I can remember that happening. Your cousin Brayden was in the choir that sang at the priesthood session. They had a young men's choir from Murray, UT.

Kyler:
Ahhh man!! I looked for him because I knew they were from the Murray Stake!! That's crazy!! I probably just didn't recognize him. Conference was amazing. I don't ever want to miss another session as long as I live. I love it. I love the church.  It's so fun and spirit felt!

Mom:
Hi! I am so sorry to hear about Abel! Know that we are praying for you and your companion and all of those that you teach. He is mindful of you and of your desires. He knows how hard you are working! Just know that as much as you would love to have a baptism, you are a servant of God and you are touching peoples lives! It will happen in time and when they are ready! Continue to do you very best and give all that you can. No regrets!! Everything else is in the Lord's hands!
I am also so sorry to hear about you being sick! That makes me feel so bad knowing that we are at home and all is well and you are not feeling well! I sure hope you are okay now!! Is there anything I can send you that you know of that helps with that?

Kyler:
No, I don't think there is anything. I'll be fine so don't worry!! So how is everyone?? Did you have a good week??

Mom:
Yes, we are all doing good. Did you see my email about everybody?
Couple of things....I'm getting your Christmas package together, do you have any requests?
 Have you been giving out the CTR rings? Do you still have some?

Kyler:
yeah, I got the email! Y'all look and sound great!!
I can't think of anything really. Just the P90X stuff and some workout bands with handles. I'll think this week. I still have plenty of CTR rings, so I'm good there.
He's great! He's getting way better and we are still working on it all, but he is great!! Yeah transfers are the 20th and I'm leaving for sure!! I cant wait to see where I'm going!!

Dad:
Well, hopefully a miracle will happen but if not Kyler, you need to know how many seeds you have planted. Baptisms alone, are not how you measure success on a mission. I know you know this but it always helps to hear it again. Think about all the people in your ward that you have helped and blessed. I'm sure your companions are grateful for you, and all the investigators you have shared  your testimony with, have certainly been touched. Your success will only be measured by how you and ONLY you feel when you leave. Did you give it your all? Did you do everything asked of you? If you can say YES to those type of questions, you will come home with all the success in the world, not to mention a much better person than when you left. I can already see it and sense it in your emails.

Kyler:
Thanks dad. I wrote that down in my agenda. I just need to keep telling myself that. Thanks so much.
 I love you thanks dad!!

Dad:
Hey - real quick, don't ever give up on anybody. I've been reading from the Book of Mormon. I just read about when Nephi was carried away in a dream and saw all that his father saw plus more. He witnessed the destruction of his own people. After all that he saw and witnessed, he KNEW how Laman and Lemuel were going to turn out but he still never gave up on them. He continued to pray for them and have hope for them. You, on the other hand, unlike Nephi have no idea how things will turn out on your mission. You have more reason to have hope that those you teach will still turn to the gospel. Don't ever give up on anybody. 
Okay - I've got to go! I love you bud! Keep on, keeping on!! The Lord loves you! He is the one you need to turn to in all things! Can't wait til your next update!! Until then,
Love - Dad

Kyler:
 I love you too!! Have a great week!!

Mom:
Well I am working on getting the P90x stuff. I love you so much! I just saw Kayden. He asked if you email him?

Kyler:
I'm doing it now!! Thanks! I want all that stuff so bad!! haha

Mom:
We will get it to you! :) I wish I had something as spiritual and uplifting to say as dad, but I just don't have that kind of stuff! I am more concerned about your well being! I'll leave the rest to dad! :) 

Kyler:
hahaha It's okay!! I love what you have to say :) thanks :)

Mom:
So you are certain you are being transferred? I bet you are so excited to see where you are going and who will be your companion? Are you hoping for anywhere?

Kyler:
I don't care where!! I know where ever I am, I am supposed to learn something.  So I'm excited about that!

Mom:
It will be nice to be able to see a new area, meet new people and have new experiences. I wonder what missionaries you will already know? How exciting to think that you might be closer to an MTC buddy! I know that you will enjoy your new area and all that you will gain there! Make the most of it and it will all be worth it!
 Are you still teaching English classes?

Kyler:
Yep, we are still teaching!!
Yeah I cant wait for that!! I hope I'm in the same zone or district as one of they guys from Peru!!

Mom:
Gosh, when you say Peru, that seems like such a long time ago! You are 1/3 of the way done! Can you believe it?

Kyler:
haha I know!!! It's so crazy to me!! Time is flying!! A new area will make it go even quicker!!

Mom:
Yes, it will go by so quick! I know it will be hard to leave everyone, but it will be so nice to see what else is out there!

Kyler:
Yeah, leaving will be hard!! I'm not looking forward to that!

Mom:
It will be okay! Just think of the new adventures that lie ahead of you and the experiences!

Kyler:
Yeah I know!! I really cant wait!! :) I have some pictures for you guys!!! :)


Cool sign downtown that says, "The land of Eternal Spring"

The ward choir at ward conference

Me and my companion at ward conference

General Conference at the mission offices




Playing racquetball earlier this morning.  It was so fun!!


Mom:
Oh I love all the pictures! It is so good to see you! I miss you and these are so nice to see!

Kyler:
I'm glad you like them!! I love you all so much!! I have to go!! Y'all have a great week!! I have a new favorite song that i want to share!! It's called "Homeward Bound." My favorite version is by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Look it up and maybe you can post it on the blog :) I love y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment