Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Week 35

October 14, 2013

hey everyone!!

I don't have emails from you guys yet so you all must be busy!! Well I had a list of things to talk about this week but I forgot it at the house...whoops!! I'll try and remember what I can though. So this week was awesome. I had my interview with president and that went awesome. He helped me a lot with the grief and stress I've been having about the lack of baptisms. He told me he is proud of me and the success I've brought to the toughest area in the mission. I cried -_-. He also told me that my time here is up and I am 100% for sure leaving next week. I'm sad to know it is for sure, but I'm also very happy to move on and help out another ward. I'm not sure where it will be though! I want to leave the city and go out into the boon docks of Bolivia! haha I'd be facing a whole lot more physical challenges, but I'm up for it!!

We committed 2 people to baptism this week that we've been teaching for a long time!!! Gosh I'm so happy and I hope that my companion and his next companion can finish the deal. We are planning on meeting with Abel tomorrow or Wednesday. We are going to basically force him into the water.....(haha just kidding) but we are hoping and praying that he is ready for a miracle baptism this Saturday. Who knows!!?? Other than that the work is great and we are still trying super hard each day!!

The spiritual experience i want to share happened yesterday at church. We (the 4 missionaries in Sarco) have been needing help and guidance in this seemingly impossible area. We went to our bishop (whom I love and think will be a future General Authority) and we asked for a blessing, since he is the leader of the work of salvation in this area. He gave each one of us some of the most powerful blessings I've ever heard. The spirit was undeniable there in his office. He told me in the blessing that one of my strengths is the ability to laugh and make others laugh, just like I did in the pre-earth life with Heavenly Father literally. Isn't that awesome?? To know that we once had a perfect knowledge of God and we talked and laughed with him. I can't wait to go back home one day and give him a hug and sit there all day and swap jokes with the guy. Gosh, Heavenly Father is awesome! haha I'm so grateful for the knowledge I have that I can be with him, our savior Jesus Christ, and each one of you forever. That's why I'm here. So that I can help people have this same peace and happiness.

Love
Elder Berrett

We were busy and were not available to chat!  He sounds so good and I can't wait to see where he will be going next and what awesome adventures lie ahead!!!

Until next week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment