Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Week 63

April 28, 2014
 
FAMILY!!! FRIENDS!!!!!!
 
Well let me start off by telling all of you that I LOVE being a missionary!!! There is nothing better to do right now other than be apart of this work! It's the best decision I've ever made, to come out here and serve the Lord.
 
So, last P-day was pretty lame. Not lame, normal, but nothing exciting happened. But today was awesome! We rented the turf field right in front of my house for a few hours and the 2 zones here in Sucre came and we played soccer of course, and I loved it. BUT, there is a member here who loves BASEBALL! YES!!! BASEBALL! and he has a bunch of equipment. So he came and we hit the ball around before soccer. So yes, I played baseball this morning!!!! It was so relieving. I felt like a new man. haha
 
Tuesday was legit! I'm really trying to motivate the district to get out and simply teach more! Just to leave their house in the morning and not come back until night time, and just to teach everyone in their path! So I focused my District meeting on that. and more than that I focused on teaching the PEOPLE, and not LESSONS. Missionaries tend to teach the lessons and not the people. They don't focus on their needs. They just teach what's in the pamphlet (I've had that problem a lot) but they don't teach what the people here need. So I've been wanting my companion and I to focus on that, as well as the district. Tuesday afternoon we taught a lot of lessons and I really focused on teaching the people and I'll tell you what, I felt the spirit a whole lot stronger leading and guiding us.
 
Thursday was a treat for me. haha  Elder Weekes and his zone came in from Potosi for a special Conference we had with President on Friday. Elder Weekes got to sleep with us in my house, so I did a lot of catching up with him and got to be with him for almost 2 whole days. The conference was great! It was basically just council and help with teaching methods. I only have one more conference with Pres. Dyer before he goes home in June. I'm kinda sad about it. I really am going to miss him. He is such a great mission president.
 
Sunday was great! We had a few investigators in the chapel and we also had our ward council. The bishop here is super new. He's only been bishop for about a month, maybe a little more. But it is obvious that he has a hard time with some things and is a little timid in decision making. We (the missionaries in the ward) had a private meeting with him and we basically just encouraged him and told him that we love serving for him, and then since he is the bishop and he is in charge of the work of salvation in our areas, we asked for a blessing, for each one of us. We felt good and so did he! It was a great experience! And last night was awesome! I was getting the numbers from each district and my district killed it this week!! They did so well! I was so proud of them! They are really changing and working hard. It was hands down the best moment this week!!
 
Well, I love you all so much. I love being here in Bolivia. It's been a true blessing. I only want to take full advantage of the little time I have left here. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is 100% true. I know it and that's the motivation I have to get out and share it everyday. Until next week!
 
Love
Elder Berrett
 
Dad:
Are you still there? It's Dad.
 
Kyler:
Hey Dad!
 
Mom:
I'm here too!!
 
Kyler:
What's up! I only have like 20 more minutes. Sorry, I type slow.
 
Dad:
Hey Bud - You sound really good! That's pretty cool that you got to play some baseball! Could you still hit and throw?
 
Kyler:
We played in a soccer field with houses around it so we didn't really hit. Just hit grounders and pop flies to one another. But it was awesome!! One elder asked me....hey do you play for BYU or just go there? So i guess that was a compliment! haha
 
Mom:
It sounds like you are making some great changes in your area. It sounds like you have gained the missionaries trust and are willing to follow you.
 
Kyler:
yeah it's actually the best feeling. I really like district leading.
 
Dad:
Are you getting along with your new companion? What is your new apartment/house like? How is the new area? Are you getting use to it?
 
Mom:
How are things going with the new companion? Are you enjoying him more? I'm so proud of the changes that you have already made in your area. It sounds like the other missionaries are willing to follow your lead.
 
Kyler:
The area is awesome! The house too! It's just that there's no hot water at all, so in the mornings I freeze in the shower. But I'm past the splashing water on me phase. Now I just take it and stand in it. My comp is great! He really loves to get out and work so I love that!!
 
Mom:
You know I always like to find you on the map. Do you have an address for your home? Or any nearby landmarks you could tell me? Did you ever get the peanut butter from the store?
 
Kyler:
iI' not sure. Try looking up "Sucre futbol field sintetico mesa verde"  or something like that. I live on the corner of the field. It's right in front of my window.
 
Dad:
How is your weight? Are you still about the same? Have you been sick lately? Did you know that Casey is getting married? Mom always forgets to ask you. I think we already told you. It's like 20 questions every time. We just want to know everything we can in the 20 minutes or so we have you each week.
 
Kyler:
Yeah he wrote me and told me!!! I wish I could be there! No, I'm not sick. The weight is fine. I'm just normal. Working out hard everyday!
 
Dad:
Is Elder Weekes a district leader too?
 
Kyler:
He's a zone leader in Potosi!
 
Mom:
It looks like me and dad keep answering the same questions. Or asking the same questions. So I will let you go. I am so very proud of you and all that you have accomplished. You are such a wonderful leader to those in the mission field and to all of us here at home. I love you with my whole heart. And I am counting down the days until I see you again. Please continue to work hard. And know that you are in our prayers every single day. I love you so very much! Keep up the good work and leave nothing behind!
 
Kyler:
Thanks mom! I love you too!
 
Dad:
Did you get the update I sent earlier?
 
Kyler:
 yeah! Everyone seems great! So Berk is going to be a State Champ!?
 
Dad:
Hopefully, she will! They are really good. Just got your pictures. You're looking great! Alright bud, I've got to go! Do all that you can. No regrets!!
 
Kyler:
Alrighty!! I love you too! bye!
 
 
I love my area. It's beautiful. Look at the view!!!

Conference with all the guys from my first district minus Thurston.

After playing soccer!

BAT AND GLOVE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment