Thursday, September 11, 2014

Week 82

September 8, 2014
 
Hola Familia!!
 
Wow! Another week gone!! How fast the time goes. Today I feel happy!! I feel pretty good about where I am, what I've done, and what I still have to do. This week was a little different. Tuesday we had some some good lessons for the little time we had. We were in the mission offices doing a bunch of stuff so that took a lot of precious time away. Wednesday through Friday were pretty good work days! We got a great deal of our lessons done in that span. Wednesday, Ivan and Ligia passed their baptism interviews with no problems at all. The problems came with the weekend....ugh I'll explain. Satan is working hard here in Sacaba!!! So yesterday was Pedestrian Day here in Cochabamba.....it's a holiday where simply there are no cars and everyone rides bikes in the street all day. So due too that our ward had to cancel church because we live so far away. It would have been 2 hours to walk (and that's for missionaries), I'm sure for the members it would have be about 4 hours. Anyways, after talking with Ligia and Ivan and the bishop we decided that next week would be best for their baptism. So we are going to do it this week. Postponing baptisms is not fun at all. It's nothing but time for Satan to act. So that was dumb, but this week we are watching and teaching them extra carefully so that they are ready for Saturday.
 
So interesting story, Saturday morning we get call telling us that one of our less actives, Hermano Ilias Cordova, that we were teaching died. (he wasn't a true less active, he was just so old he couldn't go to church.) We have been going to visit him once a week for the past couple months. It was sad to see him go, but it was his time. He was sick and suffering. So my companion and I were at his house with his wife all day preparing for the viewing. Sunday was the actual funeral and dinner and all, in their house so we were there all day for that too.
 
I had a whole lot of time to think those 2 days about the plan of salvation. I'm so grateful that Heavenly Father has given us this plan. He weeps when we weep. I personally 100% believe that he was crying and devastated when his son was suffering in the Garden of Gethsemane, beaten, and nailed to the cross. He didn't want him to suffer but it was his will so the rest of us could be with him again. I'm so grateful for Christ and his eternal sacrifice. I know that through Him we can be with our families forever. I love Him. I love teaching His doctrine. I love being His representative. I know this is His church! I love you all!! Hopefully we can have a few more baptisms this week!!!! Until next week!
 
Elder Berrett
 
"Sorry for bothering you but we are working for you."
We felt it was perfect for us!

And we saw this and had to take a pic. Nicho Y Berrett forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment