Monday, October 27, 2014

Week 81

September 1, 2014
 
Whats up everyone?!!!

Looks like everyone is amazing. I'm so happy Kayden is up and off to Utah!! He's going to do great things. Berkley and Carston look like different people. Wow, I cant believe it. Everyone is growing up and doing great things.

So this week was WORK, WORK, WORK!!!! And I love it. I wouldn't trade my mission, my companions or anything for the world. I love where I am, who the Lord has made me become and I'm excited for the time I still have.  Please let me brag about my companion for a small moment.  He's amazing! We are going home the same day, so we are helping each other to not get distracted and it's working so well. This week we taught more lessons than anyone in the mission according to the assistants. I've never clicked with a companion (I have loved all my comps) like him. He's so spiritual and I've learned so much from him. This week we are excited about the two baptisms we'll be having for Ivan and Ligia. I think I told y'all about them. They are super ready and prepared as well. The bishop is already preparing their callings! 

I've really been focusing lately on Christlike attributes. If we truly strive to be more like the Savior we will naturally do what he would do. So I've been trying to apply the Christlike attributes in Preach My Gospel chapter 6, little by little so I can do everything I can to emulate the savior. I will never perfect it, but I can do my best to do what He wants. I know that is what brings true happiness. I know this is His church and that He is the Savior and Redeemer of the world. I love Him and will forever serve Him. Badge or no badge. I hope you all have a great week!! I leave with the words of Bruce R. McConkie, that I've memorized and constantly repeat when I wake up each morning and throughout my day. My companion showed me this:

My Missionary Commission

by Elder Bruce R. McConkie

I am called of God.
My authority is above that of kings of the earth.
By revelation I have been selected as a personal representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.
He is my master and He has chosen me to represent Him--to stand in His place, to say and do what He Himself would say and do if He personally were ministering to the very people to whom He has sent me.
My voice is His voice, and my acts are His acts; my doctrine is His doctrine.
My Commission is to do what He wants done; To say what He wants said; to be a living modern witness in word and in deed of the divinity of his great and marvelous Latter-day work.
How great is my calling!


Until next week!!

Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment