Thursday, November 6, 2014

Week 90

November 3, 2014
 
Family!!!
 
What a week! Wow!! I don’t know why but I’m super happy right now! Everyone seems great! So the thing I’m most excited about is that last night we had transfers!!! And.......I’m staying in Sacaba for my last transfer!!!!! With my companion!!! We are ending the mission together!!! President called us last night for the transfers and as he gave us the whole zone he ended with us and said "Are you ready for your transfer Elder Berrett?" Then my heart dropped because I thought I was leaving and he said "you are going to............stay with Elder Nicho in Sacaba as zone leaders" haha  We got pumped and may have yelled! hahaha. It was awesome. I love our President. We quickly gathered ourselves together, then went and thanked Heavenly Father. We are truly so happy! There are a couple super rare facts that come from this:
1.) I will finish the mission as a ZL in the same area for 6 transfers.
2.) I will complete 4 transfers with the same comp, that doesn’t happen.
3.) My companionship is and has been the oldest companionship in the mission.
Together we have 45 months of experience. Wow!! We are so excited!! And we are mainly excited because we work so hard together. We didn’t want to end our mission with anyone else. We are pretty excited for the people we are getting ready for baptism. And the less actives we are planning temple trips with.
 
Tuesday was a great day. Despite the distractions we still had 6 great lessons. We visited a family we've been teaching. We invited them to baptism and the daughters accepted, Majo and Laura. They came to a baptism on Saturday and really liked it. They both came to church yesterday and today came to the ward and played soccer with the members. They are really getting involved and loving it. They are a very special family for my companion and me. We are slowly having progress with their mom who is Catholic. But she loves us and always cooks us something super good when we go to their house. Tuesday we also had a great district meeting in the kitchen as we ate french toast and shared testimonies. It was the YUMMIEST testimony meeting I’ve ever been a part of. haha I love our district leader Elder Porter. I’m super excited to live in the same house as him.
 
Wednesday we woke up at 4:45 to be at the 6AM temple session with the whole mission! It was such a spiritual experience. I’m so grateful for the temple. I know the Lord is there and we really should consider and ponder more, the phrase "House of the Lord, Holiness to the Lord." I’ll share my pictures from that.
 
Friday we had a very cool experience. We were contacting people in the street and my comp decided he wanted to go down a street we've never been down before just because he wanted to. So I said yeah of course! As we turn the corner a drunk man stops us and yells "ELDERES!!! Como estan?"  We normally don’t talk with the drunks but he called us elders so we had to se what’s up. So he told us his name was Roberto Espinoza Perez, and that was baptized 7 years ago in Spain. He had two giant bottles of Chicha (a really famous Bolivian alcohol). We asked if we could walk with him to his house. He said of course! So we helped him wobble all the way back to his house about 5 blocks away. As we got there he told us his story and introduced us to his family, his wife and two daughters ages 2 and 4. He’s 37 years old and his wife is 22. He told us that he has gone off the deep end and wants to start over but he can’t because he has already been baptized. He obviously wasn’t that active for too long after his baptism. He had already lost hope. We didn’t teach him too much due to his conditions and memory, but we will go back to explain repentance and the Atonement. We did end up making a deal, that we will come back and help him and his family change if we could walk away with all the alcohol in his house. He gave it all to us. Can yell imagine two Mormon missionaries walking down the street with 6 bottles of booze?? Well, we did!! haha We walked about 2 blocks after helping him to bed then we took the bottles and dumped them dry into some bushes. We are praying very hard for him and his family. Tomorrow we go back. Let me tell you guys how thankful I am for the Lord Jesus Christ and his atonement. So that I can repent and start over after making a mistake. The Lord loves ALL of his children enough to give them enough chances necessary. We just NEED to complete our part and USE the atonement of Christ. If we don’t repent and try to better ourselves, Jesus Christ died in vain. And I would hate to have had him suffer in vain.
 
I testify that Heavenly Father and his son, even Jesus Christ live. They are real beings. They lead and guide this church, this work, and each and every one of us. I know His plan is divine, and for us. We will see our loved ones again thanks to the temple of the Lord. I love you all and I thank you all for your support!! Until next week!!
 
Elder Berrett
 
Ward activity this morning playing soccer and volleyball!! Missionaries and also Majo and Laura who I told ya'll about!

Elder Hansen and I last night. The four of us in our house made a picnic and french toast to get ready for transfers! (we are really liking french toast these days)

At the temple with my zone!!! I love them so much!! We also invited President and Sister Hansen!

Me and Elder Stoddard

My Companion :)

Me and my companion the other night after ward council. We begged two little kids for their bikes hahaha

Me playing goalie on a future Messi (I let him score hehehehe, shhhh)

No comments:

Post a Comment