Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Week 94

December 1, 2014

Hello Family!!!
 
This was probably my last full normal week as a missionary. I actually didn’t realize that until this morning, but I felt good because I really gave it my all this week. I also felt good as I sat back and pondered about the past two years. I’m happy. I know I’ve done all I can! BUT...it’s still not over!! :)) This week we have a few conferences so that makes the week a little different but it’s alright! We still we have plenty of time to proselyte.
 
Tuesday we had a very cool experience! We were knocking a door and as we were waiting for someone to answer a woman with her little daughter walked by. We decided we'd talk to her and she was great! After about 2 minutes someone answered the door! So I left my comp to talk to the woman and I went and talked to the woman that answered the door. I talked to her for about 10 minutes while Elder Nicho was still talking to the other woman. I had enough time to get to know her and teach all about Joseph Smith! She was super nice and said she’d love for us to meet her husband! So I took down an appointment and we went back on Thursday and met her husband! They seem pretty interested. Anyways, at the end I asked her to pray and she did! As we finished and parted, I went back to my companion and they were finishing with a prayer! My comp said she was amazing!! But she didn’t live in our area so we passed the reference to the other elders in the ward and they ended up bringing her to church and now is one of their main investigators. Talk about being in the right place at the right time!
 
In my first months here there was a young man in the ward named Abel that recently went on a mission. He always went with us to do visits. He’s the only member in his family. We ran into his mom last week and she was super nice. We went to his house and taught her and Abel’s dad. After teaching all of lesson 1, The Restoration, his dad said, "When my son tried to teach me about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon I didn’t want anything to do with it, I told him if he believed in that then fine for him, but now that you two young men have explained it to me I understand. I’m going to read the Book of Mormon and pray." He and his wife both came to church yesterday and loved it!! Everyone was soooo excited to see Abel's parents for the first time at church! Everyone came up to us and said "Elders, I’ll help all you guys want with Abel's parents." And "You guys have to get them baptized for Abel!" haha it was a little over whelming. I know that his family is being blessed, thanks to his service to the Lord as a missionary. Just like my family has been blessed...I hope haha
 
As ya'll saw in the pictures Laura and Majo got baptized. It was super special and I felt the spirit so strong with them and their family. I’m super happy to have been able to teach them the past five months. Also I can’t wait to keep in touch and see their progress over the years.
 
Well, I love you all so much. Next week will be my last email. My last Monday, I probably won’t get on the internet since I’ll be home the next day. Until next week!!
 
Love -
Elder Berrett
 
Laura and Majo's baptism! It went super well. I baptized Laura (the taller one) and and my comp baptized Majo. They gave the best testimonies at the end!






After the ordinance


After, with the whole family!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment