Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Week 76

July 28, 2014
 
Hey Everyone!
 
Well, first let me start off by expressing how jealous I am that you guys are all at the beach. What the heck. But I love the pictures! Dang it ! I'm so jealous. I wish I could be there with you all!
 
So this week was very different. We didn't get a whole done because we had an elder (Elder Garcia) in the hospital allllll week. He's one of the elders that lives with us. He just got out today but he's still pretty bad. Anyways, last week we went to do service helping a family in the ward cut a bunch of bushes. Kind of like we had in our back yard years ago. About 5 minutes into it Elder Garcia kind of yelled. He was like 3 feet from me, and I turned around and saw him grabbing his leg. I looked at the ground and there was a big ole black widow!!! The man got bit by a huge black widow spider. (I'm so happy I watched a show about those years ago so I could tell what it was) He felt normal for about only 2 minutes. We immediately put him and his companion, Elder Kenney in a taxi and sent them to the hospital,(Cochabamba doesn't have ambulances) and we got the next one we could find. By the time he got to the hospital he wasn't breathing normal, couldn't talk or walk. It was literally the scariest thing I've experienced here in the mission. They took him and I guess basically gave him anti-venom. In just this week that he was in the hospital, he had over 30 different shots. He basically had venom in his blood all week so he had to be there to let it leave. I slept in the hospital for a total of 2 and half days being his companion and helping him. Let me tell you guys, I would literally rather take my chances falling out of a window 2 stories high than go through what Elder Garcia has gone through. His recovery process has looked so incredibly painful. My companion and I spent a lot of time there so his companion could go to their appointments.
 
BUT, there is good news so don't worry. Our investigator Sandra who we found my first week here got baptized on Saturday!! It was a great baptismal service and she was truly happy! She has her interview with the bishop tonight to go to the temple this week!! We are excited for that!! :)
 
Well, I cant believe another week here is gone. Time is something I just don't understand anymore. I still feel new in the mission! haha Well I'm loving it and hoping it doesn't come to an end. Sorry this letter is a little short. I really just don't have much to say since we were stuck there all week. haha

I love you all!! Have a great week!!
 


Love,
Elder Berrett
 
PS...HAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
HHHHHDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BERKLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)))))

I love you so much and i cant believe you're 16!! what the heck! I hope you love your day! Have a great one :)
 
me with spider man in the hospital :)

So let me explain the spartan outfit. The YSA in the ward was doing an activity before the baptism on Saturday so while we were waiting to start I asked if I could put on the outfit. I really liked being a spartan. I think I might see if you can major in it at BYU. haha





Sandra's Baptism


No comments:

Post a Comment