Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Week 79

August 18, 2014
 

Hola!!!
 
Wow!! This week was amazing! We had changes last week so Elder Kenney left my house, which I was sad about, but to replace him was Elder Porter!! Elder Porter is the cousin of Elder Weekes!! It's like I have 2 best friends and I live with one now!!! He's the man. Super awesome!! So I'm going to be here in Sacaba for another transfer which is fine by me!! I LOVE it here!
 
Tuesday was amazing. We worked our butts off and it paid off. We taught 9 lessons and found 12 new investigators that we are very excited about, all in one day. We set a goal to never pass a family in the street without at least trying to talk to them. We have two specific families that we are praying for. The Bravo Family and the Alvarado Family. They have baptism dates for September.
 
I did get a little frustrated this week and did something I'll never do again and that is get in an argument with someone from another religion. It's not Christlike and the most pointless thing to do. Everyone just leaves mad and the spirit can't be with us the rest of the day. We got approached by someone from another church and they asked us a million question as we kept walking to another appointment. They accused us of stuff that I've never even heard and said really horrible things.  So my comp and I decided to talk back and well we definitely shut them up but I didn't feel good about it.
 
Everyone seems great!! Kayden is an Elder!!! Awesome!! Now he is only missing the name badge! haha Pronto!!! I can't believe that school is back in session. What the heck!  Every time I wake up a whole week has passed. And that's impossible!! Charlton Bassett got his call! That's so awesome!!! I'm so happy for him!!! He'll be talking with the Argentinian shaaa!!! That's awesome. Tell him congrats for me!!
 
The work is simply amazing right now. I love everything about where I am. I know the Lord has put me here in Bolivia to be humbled and share His Gospel. I know Jesus Christ lives and this is His Church. I'm so grateful for his everlasting atonement. The gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored through a prophet and I know it. If you don't know that. Ask God, he'll tell you it's true. I love you all so much! Have a great week!!
 
Elder Berrett
 
Men working...

Cooking with my pensionista!

A family full of little girls we are teaching and I love every one of them!!

One of my investigators had a UGA hoddie, so I had to take a pic!

No comments:

Post a Comment