Friday, September 20, 2013

Week 31

September 16, 2013

Hey Everyone!!!

So this week went great!! It was the week of cambios {transfers} and we had a lot of changes in our zone so it was nice to see and chat with different missionaries. I saw Elder Bennett for the first time since the MTC!! ahhh that was awesome to see how he's been doing. He came up from Potosi for one day to do some visa papers and I had to do it too! So it was great to talk to him! He'll be a great, long time friend when I get home! So the work is a whole lot better in this area! We have 4 investigators that are at church literally every Sunday and have been for over a month now. 2 of them are a couple who were a reference from a recent convert in the ward. They're great!! Yesterday I taught the Gospel Principles class in church, about tithing and fast offerings. They loved it and we had a long conversation about the church with them after the class. We have an appointment with them tomorrow! But I haven't told y'all the crazy part about what happened yesterday....After that conversation, Alvaro (the husband) totally went into a panic attack and having a seizure and squirming around on the floor and I was freakin out and literally thought my investigator was going to die right there at church!! Turns out he has them all the time and gets them when he feels really overwhelmed with something! After 20 minutes he was fine and told us he was feeling really good after talking to us and that's why it happened!! gosh!! I'm scared to teach him again!! Could you imagine how his baptism would be!!?? haha (working on that) Well other than that this week was pretty good and normal!! I cant wait to talk!! Bye!! :) I love y'all!!

Elder Berrett

Dad:
Hey bud - It's Dad! Sorry I've been unable to get on the past few weeks. Just been busy at work. That's crazy about Alvaro having a seizure. 
 

It's so good to hear from you. Monday is our new favorite day by far! There's nothing like waiting and waiting to hear how things are going. Hopefully, the Lord will bless you with a few baptisms before you leave the area. I'm guessing it's going to be really hard for you to leave that area. I was in my first area for 7 months and it was very hard to leave all the people you've come to love and know.
 

Kyler:
Hey dad!! It's all good! I understand!
Yeah it's going to be way hard for me too. Work wise I'm ready to leave and try a new area but I don't want to leave my ward for anything....there is this joke that's been going on in our ward for a few weeks that I'm going to come back after 2 years and be bishop of Barrio Sarco. And yesterday a Sister gave a talk and talked about us missionaries visiting her kids and helping them prepare to go on a mission one day and she was all crying and told me in front of everyone that she can't wait for me to come back and be bishop!! hahaha I loved it!! It's going to be so hard to leave!
 
Dad:
Obispo Berrett - sounds pretty good! Things are going good here! Manning has his first game tomorrow night. His team is the White Sox. The coach said he will be the first one to pitch so it ought to be interesting. He's been practicing and has done pretty well.
 

Kayden's Team Gwinnett played this past week and went 3-1. It's very difficult trying to get 9 guys to show up in the fall. It's fun though to show up with 9 or 10 guys and still beat these teams with 20+ guys on their roster. 


I'll work on getting the workout stuff to you this week. I'm glad you still have a desire to play. Focus on what's at hand, first and foremost though. 


Grandma Sharon called me this past week. She is already working on a Christmas package and wanted to know what to you might want. I'm sure whatever it is, you'll be glad to get it.


Will you please write Kayden a personal letter when you get a chance? He's feeling a lot like you did your senior year when all of your friends were getting offers to play and you didn't. He's just really down some days and I hate to see him like that. I think he's really confused with what he wants to do.  You need to stay really close to him over the next several months through your letters if you can.
 

Kyler:
ahh yeah I can't wait for that workout stuff. Yeah that's what I realized this week, is that I only get these 2 years one time, so I'm really trying everyday from 6:30 to 10:30 to give it my all to the Lord. I also know that when I do that, the Lord will bless me after the mission. 

Yeah, I will write him a nice long letter this week and send it next week. Also have him email me and I can start sending him a weekly email. I've been wanting to do that for the longest time with him.
 
Dad:
I will tell Kayden to email you this week. Mom said she will try to get on but she is real busy at work. Of course, she loves you and is super proud!!
 



Tell me about your mornings? Is it still personal study, companionship study, workout, etc..?? What are you doing for your personal study? Companionship study? Is it all in Spanish?? Are you feeling pretty comfortable now with the language??


 
I'm starting school today. How crazy is that? I am very concerned about finding the time to do all that is required, but I figure I'll manage. I keep waiting for the perfect time to do it and have realized that I'll be waiting forever. So, why not go for it and see what happens. The hardest part of this whole thing is that they require you to meet each Thursday night at the Glenridge building, near the temple. I've decided though I'll take advantage of it and attend the temple while I'm there and make the most of it. You have to follow their program for the first year. I am only allowed to take two classes this semester and one of them is the Book of Mormon. I'm excited about that. I'm going to get Mom to study with me. Anyway, I'm excited about it.
 
Kyler:
Well I have to go!! I love you all! Tell everyone hi for me and that I love and miss them! Here are some pictures from my week!! 
 
Thanks for the advice Dad. I'll pray for Kayden and ask for help to know exactly what to tell him. I love you!
 
Dinner at a members house



Goofing around...Kyler style

 
Until next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment