Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 70

June 16, 2014

What's up!?

Well, let me first start off with a USA USA USA!!!!! Wow I'm in the country with the worst soccer team alive and there is still a World Cup fever here like no other!!!! We can't pass a store or house that doesn't have the world cup on! I bought a USA jersey today and I'm reppin it now. I'll send the pics I have. Good thing I have an appointment today at 6 right when they play because it would be a great temptation for me to sit down watch it. 

This week was sooooooooo crazy. I felt so overwhelmed with things to do and people to please haha. Monday was fun. We went and played paintball with the zone.  We had a blast. I have some pictures with my bff Elder Weekes. haha

Tuesday we had our district meeting and after we went and helped the sisters move out of their house and into their new one. I think I told y'all about their house situation last week. After that we had to go to the offices to do the zone finances. So our day was basically taken up by those two things! 

So the mission is doing this competition to see what zone can gain the most new investigators, people committed to baptism, and people baptized in two weeks, last week and this week. And last night when we reported the numbers we (ZONA SACABA) were in FIRST!!!!!! What's up!!?? And we have a smaller zone! We get the title of the golden zone, a pin for the jacket that says "the golden zone" and a wallet that say's Mission Bolivia Cochabamba! So this week we are working hard! We had four baptism as a zone, 73 people committed to baptism and 107 new ones!!!!! So this week we have to do the same!! My comp and I had a baptism, 8 people committed and 25 new! So we actually had a good bit of time to work!! If we didn't have an appointment, we were knocking doors like mad men. It was actually pretty fun. 

So, Friday morning we get a call from Rubens who was to get baptized on Saturday. I answer the phone and he tells me he can't get baptized. So we went to his house to find out why. After 2 hours of conversing, sharing scriptures, and praying he decided he was going to do it. He just had the typical nerves that everyone has before baptism. He was scared to let God down. He thought we are expected to be perfect. We helped him understand what he had to do and he agreed! We had a great baptism the next day! I'll send the pics.

Well, the mission is amazing. I love it and to be honest I'm not ready for it to end. I want to enjoy these next six months and take it all in. I love how much I've grown and how much more converted to the gospel I am. I'm not perfect by any means, but I know I'm better than before and I guess that's one of the reasons I'm here right!? haha We had changes last night, unfortunately my comp is changing :( I'm pretty sad. I've loved my time with him but now I'm going to be with Elder Nicho from Peru. I love him! He's the man. So I'm looking forward to that!! Well I'm officially on the last 6 months. It's sad to me.  I have no understanding of time. Everyone have a great week! I love you all, i love this work, i love this church, i love the gospel, and i love Jesus Christ. I've learned when i just focus every lesson teach on him everything turns out well. 

Until next week!
Elder Berrett

USA USA USA!!!

Me and my comp!!

Playing soccer this morning.

Rubens baptism!!! :) 

The place was packed. Here are some of the people there. hahaha

Me, Ruben and my companion.

Me and Ruben 

Me and Elder Weekes.

Me and Weekes after the freezing water!

No comments:

Post a Comment