Monday, June 30, 2014

Week 71

June 23, 2014

GOOOOOOAAAALLLLL!!!!!! 

I'm loving the mission life but at the same time I'm loving the hype of the World Cup!!!! We literally can't escape the games. If we walk into a members house they tell us we can come in and eat but they refuse to turn the TV off. It's pretty funny but to be honest I'm okay with it! Its actually a mission rule that we aren't allowed to ask people to turn stuff off.

Anyways, this week flew by!! A lot of good things are happening here in Sacaba!! I'm super excited! Tuesday we didn't get a whole lot done because I had to take my comp to his new comp and I had to wait a few hours in the airport for mine to arrive from Sucre. So I was there for a good bit, but it was fun. Elder Kenney and I spent 10 bolivianos in the massage chairs (it's 1 boliviano per turn) so I enjoyed that. Once I got my comp we took him to the house, dropped his stuff off and I took him to show him the area and introduce him to a few investigators. His name is Elder Nicho from Peru. He's so awesome!! I love the dude! He's so spiritual and works hard. I'm so happy to be with him.

Thursday we were in the city all day because my companion had to do his legal documents and stuff. They randomly call different missionaries to go update or renew their documents. Next month I'll be illegal because my Bolivian ID expires, so I'll have to go do that. After that we had to be in the offices to do the zone's finances. We did end the day with a great lesson with Sandra. She loves the church and people. She wants to get baptized but is just scared for the temptations after, but she's going to do it. We promised her that she would over come those, thanks to Jesus Christ and the atonement and the holy ghost guiding her. She only didn't like that we set a date for her. She wants to choose. So we let her pray and think about it and the next day she called and chose the 26th of July.  A little far but we were okay with it because we are sure she will complete it. 

Friday we had a zone meeting so we could make some announcements and meet all the new members of the zone since we had transfers. I'm honestly so excited about the zone. We have so many missionaries that are willing to work so hard and sacrifice everything and that makes my life easier and makes our success a whole lot easier! 

Yesterday we had 6 investigators at church. We were excited for that.  After church my comp and I went to contact a family that I  found in the street a few weeks back. They are going through hard times as their father died 7 months ago. It's a mother and her 4 children. The oldest in Jimena.  She is 13. She's really sick and hasn't been to school for 4 months. I don't remember what you call the disease that she has, but her nerves are really weak and her bones as well. She's so cute and just wants the best for her family. We taught them the plan of salvation and they were asking so many questions and were so happy that they can see their dad again. They asked if he will be able to repent and enter Gods Kingdom. (he died while he was drunk). We explained the spirit world and that amazing stuff and she began to cry. We are going to be praying and working hard with this family. Jimena ended with the prayer and she didn't say one thing about her health, she just asked that her family can be blessed and that they could one day have a house of their own as they are living in a very humble room they are renting. My companion and I were bawling when we said amen and we lifted our heads up. That was a moment I'll never forget as long as I live. We are so lucky to live were we live and to have the people we live with. I know for a fact that families are eternal. They are the most important thing we can have, that's why God is willing to let them last forever. I know these things are true. I'm so happy to be where I am. My life is changing here. Experiences like this just make me want to be happy. I truly don't care as much about the material things anymore. Those don't last but our families do, and that I'm sure of.

I love you all so much. This church is 100% true. I'm so grateful to be here. I'm sad its slowly but surely coming to an end. I feel like there is still so much to learn and so many people to meet. I love Jesus Christ. I'm so grateful for his sacrifice for us. I don't deserve it, but I'll take it. Everyone have a great week and I cant wait to hear your updates next week! 

Love
Elder Berrett

No comments:

Post a Comment