Monday, January 13, 2014

Week 48

January 13, 2014
 
Hey everyone!!!
 
Wow! Today marks 11 months!! I honestly have no idea where the time has gone. I'm amazed at what has happened in 11 months and how much I've learned, seen, and been through. I'm so eternally grateful to be a full time servant of the Lord. It really has been a blessing. Something I learned this week that I loved is that we are literally instruments in His hands. I love Alma 26:3. It talks about that and how we are instruments the Lord uses to save his children. We did an activity in one of our leadership councils where we had to cut two squares out of a piece of paper. One with scissors and another with a pen. And obviously the scissors were easier. The point was to show that the Lord is trying to use us for his work (cutting the square) but if we are not worthy or if we aren't following the rules or not being the instrument that he needs us to be then we have no purpose. I loved that comparison. So I'm focusing on that, and trying to focus on what the Lord needs done right now in my area.
   
So last P-day was great!! We rented a soccer field and played all day. My game is getting better! haha j/k I'm awful but its still so fun! Nothing special happened other than that. haha Today I'm going to the post office to mail some birthday letters and then we are going to play some more soccer!! haha I'm pumped!
 
This week went well! The Perez family is doing great and progressing . They are a family that has really been prepared by the Lord. The entire ward is anxious about them and asking us questions and wanting to help us teach them. The bishopric visited them last week and last night we had a family home evening with them and with another family. We sang, played games, ate, taught a lesson, and ended with testimonies! It was perfect! They also were at church again! I'm so happy for their progression. They are an amazing family who doesn't have much at all. But they are very humble and willing to listen to us. They want to know the truth and if they don't know for sure yet, they will very soon.
 
Wednesday, we worked all day long with Andres, our convert from December. He bore his testimony every lesson and even taught a couple principles of the gospel. It was so awesome. I may not have many baptisms in the mission, but to know that he will be serving a mission this time next year is such a great feeling. I know he will do a whole lot of great things with his testimony.  Wednesday night my comp and I taught the "Noche Misional" or "Ward Mission Night". We taught and prepared a lesson using 1 Corinthians 12: 14-27 and we compared it to the ward, or to the family. Basically we talked about how every member of the family or ward is important. It went really well. We played a few games that had to do with unity. It went great and the ward loved it! The Perez family was there and they loved it as well! It was a great night!
 
So the work is really moving along here! It's progressing more and more every week. We have a whole lot of hope for this new transfer that is starting. The Lord is preparing a whole lot of people here. Elder Rojas and I are doing everything we can to find and to baptize those people! I love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. I know the church that we represent is true. I love you and hope you all have wonderful week!! 
 
Love
Elder Berrett
 
Kyler:
Hey mom, I'm here!
 
Mom:
Me too!
 
Kyler:
Hi!!!
 
Mom:
How are you doing this week?  Anything new to report?
 
Kyler:
I'm good. I'm writing my email so you can read about it later. But hey I called Pres and he said that I as a full time missionary, don't need the interview. Just complete and turn the app in and put that I'm a full time missionary in Cochabamba Bolivia and that my president is Pres Dyer. They will then send him the endorsement the next day and he will fill it out there. Understand??
 
Mom:
Yep - I got it! That actually makes sense, because we did all that and once we hit enter it was marked as complete. So we kinda guessed what do to next. But, I think that is it then. I am just waiting to get the essay back from Lexi and then will submit everything. K
 
Kyler:
Perfect!! Thank you!! Yay, and if you want to call the BYU admission office just for the heck of it to clarify, that might be worth it.
 
Mom:
I will make sure that it is all done properly. Don't you worry about a thing. :) 
 
Kyler:
haha thanks!! Lexi made feel real confident that I'm getting in so I actually have a whole lot of hope!! I cant wait!!
 
Mom:
Well, don't count your chickens before they hatch. I would hate for you to not get in after thinking that it is a sure thing. I think that your have a real good chance, but lets just keep it at that :) Don't lose the hope though!
 
Kyler:
haha yeah that's true. If I don't get in there is always ITT Tech.
 
Mom:
That's right! or you could always stay home and I will home school you! :)
 
Kyler:
haha Sorry I believe I'm going to Utah either way!
 
Dad:
Elder Berrett,
I hope all is well. I am not going to have much time today. I am training a new employee but I just wanted to make sure you know I love you and I am so so proud. Please tell us all about your week! We love hearing about it.
Yesterday at church we got a new bishopric. The new bishop is Bishop Stevens. His counselors are Brother Higgins and Brother Wrathall. I think they will all be awesome. I will miss Bishop Bradford! He was such a great Bishop and such a great man who truly cared about everybody.
Hopefully, mom will be on today to tell you what else is going on. We love you and pray for you and your companion and your investigators every day!! Keep up the great work. Time is flying. You only have one more year of your life to do what you are doing full time!! Take advantage of every second. Be a leader!!!!
Love you so much - Dad
 
Kyler:
thanks Dad! I love you!
 
Mom:
Can I just tell you how proud I am of the photos you sent last week! Those little kids holding on to you and loving on you like that, makes me so happy! And you look so happy in the pictures! I love it!
 
Kyler:
ahhh thanks!! I love that family! They've had some hard times but they've been coming back to church and everything is going better!
 
Mom:
So good to hear! They look like they are doing well! I am so glad that you are they to help them! I am sure you are writing about it, but did transfers happen this week?
 
Kyler:
Yes! But there were no changes! I'm staying with my comp! I'm happy about that!
 
Mom:
Oh I am so happy to hear that. I know from your letter last week that you are enjoying him so much! I am sure you are happy about that! 
 
Kyler:
Yeah everything here is great!!
 
Mom:
How much more time do you have? I would love if you had a minute to email Kayden! He is doing really good but could always use some advice and encouragement from you!
 
Kyler:
I have 45 more minutes!! Put him on!!
 
Mom:
Oh sorry!  He isn't here with me. I just meant if you could send him an email! Sorry, chatting with him does sound like more fun! He is in class right now!
 
Kyler:
Oh yeah duh! haha But yeah for sure i can!!
 
Mom:
That would be great!  I see that dad told you about the new Bishopric, huh! Ya know, change is always good. Sometimes it may be hard to grasp, but it always works out. I am really going to miss Bishop Bradford! He was such a great man. So wise and loving! I am sure that Bishop Stevens will be great too. He was a stake president in the area they were in before! So no worries here! 
 
Kyler:
I didn't know he was a stake president! Very cool! Yeah they'll all be great!!
 
Mom:
I just read your update! It is wonderful! What an amazing week indeed! I am so happy to hear about the progress of the investigators and to see them through your eyes as they are working to accept the gospel of Jesus Christ! It is so neat to know that you are apart of this awesome time in their lives! We continue to think and pray about each one of the people/families you come in contact with. We also pray for those you have not even met yet! I can feel in your words the excitement and eagerness to which you face each day. I know that what you are doing is for the soul purpose of bringing souls unto Christ. But while doing so, you are blessing the people of Bolivia in so many more ways! I am so proud of your example! I am so proud of your leadership skills. Not only to the people but to the mission as a whole! Continue to do what the Lord has asked of you! Give it your all! Be the best missionary that you can be and they rest will fall into place. I love you with my whole heart! I miss you tons, but know that you are in good hands! 
 
Kyler:
Thanks mom!! Yeah I have to go now!! I love you!! Have a great week! Talk to Lexi about BYU! haha I know you'll do it"! I love you guys!! Bye!!
 
Mom:
LOVE YOU MY BOY! - Mom
 
The Perez family at church (the two younger kids were playing with the other kids) haha
We couldnt get them to come for the picture!

Me and my companion holding Andres! hahaha

The Giant pizza we ate last night to celebrate cambios!

No comments:

Post a Comment