Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Week 49

January 20, 2014
 
Hey everyone!!
 
This week was sooo slow for me..............ahhhh so frustrating! But we also had some good things happen too! This letter will probably be pretty short today due to the lack of time I have. It's been a crazy but amazing P-day!! Basically, we went on a hike through the jungle and then we all took a break and jumped in the water falls. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves! haha
 
This week was slow because my companion, who has been waiting for his Visa (this isn't his mission) for Venezuela got a call from the mission offices telling him his Visa was ready and he can go. He just had to go to La Paz, Bolivia for 3 days to do some paper work. So I was put with Elder Weekes and his comp for 3 days working in their area! So, we got pretty set back. Oh...and the worst part is that he went to La Paz and they told him that there was a mix up and it wasn't his Visa. It was another Rojas!! hahaha So he went there for nothing and that made us waste a whole lot of time!! ahhh crap.....It was so frustrating. So he was gone Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. So Saturday and Sunday we had a whole lot of work to do because we had only taught like 8 lessons on Tuesday. But we ended up doing work and teaching a total of 28 lessons this week which was basically only in about 3 days of work. So we decided that there is no reason why we cant do that next week.  We put a goal last night to teach 50 lessons this week! I'm so pumped! I know we can do that!! haha Well that's whats going on here! Hopefully next week is more eventful! I love you all!
 
Elder Berrett
 
PS - If y'all can get on I have some matters to discuss haha
And the essays look great!! Thank you Lexi, mom, dad, Patrick and whoever else helped!!!
Now please just turn it in!!
 
Mom:
We are here!
 
Kyler:
Oh okay! Hey uhmmm, so Elder Vaca just got moved to my zone! And something I realized today is that he still doesn't have a camera. Is it possible that you guys can put some extra money on my card and I can go buy him a camera.  Nothing special, just something basic. I couldn't imagine the mission without a camera.
 
Mom:
Yes, I think he needs a camera too! Can you look at them and then let me know the price? Or were you hoping to go buy one today?
 
Kyler:
No, not today. haha But they're about 450-600 Bolivianos. Like 65-80 dollars for a decent one.
 
Mom:
Why don't you look for one and let us know how much next week, and then we'll make sure you have enough in your account.
 
Kyler:
Oh okay!! That's great!! Thanks!!
 
Mom:
How do you feel about the application essays and answers?
 
Kyler:
They are great!!! I love them!!
 
Mom:
So hopefully this week will be a little more busy and productive than last, huh!!!
 
Kyler:
haha yeah!! I'd love to tell you more, but nothing special really happened.
 
Mom:
I just paid the application fee for BYU and LDS Business College
 
Kyler:
okay! Cool! When will y'all apply to UVU?
 
Mom:
That's the next step. They are a lot easier and can be done in 30 minutes or less. I will start working on that once I have hit the submit buttons on these apps!
 
Kyler:
Thanks mom!  Tell everyone that I love them.  Have a good week! I love you all!  bye!



a really cool bridge

Me being a monkey

AHHHH!! So COLD but so fun!
 

Me and Elder Weekes with the umbrella



 


No comments:

Post a Comment