Thursday, January 30, 2014

Week 50

January 27, 2014
 
Family!!
 
This week went great!! It was an exhausting week for sure. So everyone seems to be doing wonderful! That's wonderful news about Kayden! Seems like he found his new home for the next little bit! I love it! I'm so proud and happy! Berkley did awesome! 3rd all around! Alright!! Hopefully the season only gets better for her! Everyone seems to be happy and doing well. That makes me happy!
 
So you guys got my report and pictures from last P-day! The waterfalls were awesome. Today we did a kiosko which is when we set up a tent in the plaza near by and we just preach all morning with the people that walk by and show interest. We did that with the whole zone from 8 to 12. So we actually got special permission to have our P-day until
9 o' clock and not the normal 6. So that's pretty cool! We will be doing the same thing next week!
 
Tuesday was a treat for us missionaries! We went to the temple!!! All the missionaries in Cochabamba! We did one session and then took a bunch of pictures! I love the temple! It's literally the holiest place on earth. I love to go and feel that special spirit that dwells there. After the temple we had our district meeting and I taught! I taught about Revelation. I was thinking all week long about what to teach. And I thought to myself, I need to receive revelation for this, so I studied that for a bit and after praying and thinking about what to teach I decided that I would teach about revelation. I actually learned a whole lot and one of the most important parts I learned is the need to be humble. We must be humble enough to go to the Lord and then we must be humble enough to follow the Lords will and listen to the quiet promptings of the spirit.
 
Wednesday was great as well! We worked all day long and ended with Ward Mission Night. We had 10 investigators there! They all loved it! The Relief Society was in charge, so of course everything was planned out and well prepared! tTe church is the same all over the world!!! haha Next week is the elders quorum turn so we will see how that goes......uh oh. hahaha Anyways, what we do that night is have a lesson, play games and sports, then there is ALWAYS refreshments!! haha That's what gets people to come! Its basically a ward FHE. Its super fun!
 
Thursday went well!! We recommitted the Perez family to baptism because after last week and not going to church we had to move the date to the 8th of Feb. They have committed to live the word of wisdom which was our fear! The Dad, Kenny, wasn't there and he is our biggest worry. So we still have to teach and commit him to that. They are doing wonderful though. They were at church yesterday. The ward loves them and they are always the topic of conversation in the ward council meetings. I know they will get baptized. It's just a matter of time.
 
Saturday we got to go back to the temple!! We went with the Rocha family! They were baptized in June and went to the temple for the first time on Saturday. I don't know if y'all remember but we baptized their son, Andres in December. Well he finally got the priesthood and they all went to do baptisms for the dead. Its was so fun! I was a witness! It was an all around great and spiritual day. They are going back in few weeks with 50 names from their family history!!! How awesome is that!!??
 
Yesterday was a normal Sunday!! We had 5 investigators in the Sacrament meeting and 3 less actives we found this week in the street who haven't been in 15 years!! The work is picking up and just going. I can't even keep up with it. Its crazy!! Every night I go to bed and just think of all the people we have to teach, find, or contact, etc the next day and it just never seems to end. The Lord really is hastening his work!
 
Well I love you all!!! Have a wonderful week!! The church is true and I cannot deny it!

Until next week!!
Love, Elder Berrett
 
Dad:
Hey bud, are you still there?
 
Kyler:
Hey! Yeah I'm here!!
 
Dad:
Now those are the letters we love to get! Tell us about each day! Man, you sound so good! It sounds like you are working so hard and the Lord is blessing you because of it. That is so cool you got to go to the temple. I remember I didn't get to go until my mission was nearing an end.
 
Can you believe it's been one year? You have one left and it will go by faster than the first. I promise you that! Don't leave anything to chance. Keep doing what you are doing. You are changing lives for generations to come. I get so excited to read your emails. It's so fun to see you change right before our eyes. You are making us so proud!
 
Mom:
It sounds like you had a great week! And what a great way to start your p-day!
 
Kyler:
I know!! It's crazy!! I'm really just trying have no regrets. This year will fly by so I'm just trying to give it all while I can.
 
Mom:
Well it sounds like you are giving it everything that you can! It will definitely fly by. We are just amazed at how fast time has gone. Did you find a camera for Elder Vaca?
 
Kyler:
Yeah I'm amazed at it too. I'm really enjoying it. No, not yet. But his companion and I are going to split it! So I won't use as much.
 
Mom:
Well grandma wants to help too. So you still have that. So if you buy one today we'll put money in your account on Friday.
 
Kyler:
I probably wont buy it today. But thanks!
 
Dad:
When are changes? Do you think you or your companion will be transferred? Do you love your area now? Ward? That's great that you taught your district lesson. Are you pretty comfortable now with the language?
 
Kyler:
The language is not a problem. I'm really just trying to perfect it. Changes aren't for another month so we got time. The area and ward are awesome! I'm loving it!
 
Mom:
I see that the language is coming along! Wow! The whole mission thing is just so amazing! I can see your life changing in front of me. What a blessing to be the hands of His work! Amazing!
 
Kyler:
Yeah!! It's a true blessing! I'm so happy!
 
Mom:
What other plans do you have for today?
 
Kyler:
Nothing really! We going for pizza with the zone right after this!! I have like 2 minutes by the way.
 
Dad:
Are you still trying to work out? Have you lost/gained weight since we saw you?
 
You gave your talk on revelation. I have been reading from Alma and all the wars they have with the Lamanites. And of course, the big player for the Nephites is captain Moroni. Do you know he was only 25 years old when he was put in charge. He was incredibly strong but equally as smart. He was the one that armed the Nephite armies with shields and all manner of armour to protect themselves. The Lamanites were incredibly scared when they saw them. He also was responsible for building walls around the cities to help fortify them. He was also a Man of God. Do you know that he would often write to Alma to ask him what God would have him do and because of this they would know what the Lamanites were planning and could prepare for it. It's a lot like personal revelation. We have been given the same promise. We can ask God what direction we should take in life and he will help us prepare if we are faithful. Especially as a missionary! Don't ever forget that you have a direct line to your Father in Heaven. He will guide you and direct you in your efforts.
 
I've got to go bud! As always, I love your letters!! I am so happy that you are happy and enjoying your mission. The Lord will bless you as you work in His name. Always remember that it's not about you, it's about serving others and changing the path that they are currently on. You do that through the spirit ONLY! You testify and the Spirit confirms what you are saying is true. That's the only way it can truly work. You don't convince people to become members. You teach and the Spirit confirms!
 
Love you bud! Until next week!! - Dad
 
Mom:
Ok, well have a fun rest of the day. Enjoy the work! Give it all you have and leave nothing undone. We are praying for you and your companions and those you are teaching. We know you are doing what The Lord wants you to be doing!! I love you with my whole heart! I miss you too! Until next week!
Love - Mom
 
Kyler:
Thanks mom and dad!! I love you so much. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment