Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 26

August 12, 2013

Hey Everyone!! 

I'ts great to hear how everyone is doing! Wow, school is starting back up, and Lexi's going to college. (I'm still not a big fan of that idea, especially since it's BYU. The other Elders from Utah don't like to give me much hope by telling me that within her first semester she'll be engaged, and married by next summer!) haha I hope they are wrong. I'm doing well here! This week was great work wise! We found 12 new investigators! We also finally started talking with Alejandra again and she told us she knows she should be baptized. So we set a date for the 31st!! We just have to talk with her mom this Wednesday!! I'm loving training! My son (companion) is doing well. He's so shy, its ridiculous. We knocked doors Saturday for about 6 hours. It went great! We taught 7 lessons but towards the end of the day I told him that the last 3 doors are all his. He had to do all the talking because earlier in the day he had only given his testimony in all those lessons. He got pretty dang nervous but he did okay! He talks way too fast and skips a lot of important details but I was proud of him. It was good practice. This week for companionship study, we are going to do a whole lot of practicing! haha But this week was good! We worked hard and we are following the rules with exactness! I can really see the difference as a missionary, what good that can do!  We were asked to join the ward choir.  Last night was our first practice! its really fun! They have me singing tenor which is a bunch of bull snot because I'm a freaking man!!!! hahaha but its whatever. Anyway that's all for now! I hope I can chat with ya'll!! I love you all!!

Elder Berrett

Mom:
I am so glad to finally get to chat with you today.  I was getting a little worried that maybe you would not get to chat today!  It sounds like last week went really well.  That makes me happy! And to know that you are enjoying training! 
  
So you joined the ward choir, huh?  The one time I sang in the ward choir, I too was a tenor!  (this is mom, not dad by the way!) :) And yes, you are still a freaking man!!!

Kyler:
haha yeah I know it will work out! So hows everyone doing?? 
 
Mom:
Dad just texted me to let me know that he won't be logging on today.  (he's busy at work)  But he did want me to tell you a few things...
Please tell him how proud I am. Tell him how much I think about him and pray for him. Tell him to have patience with his new companion. A new missionaries first companion can set the whole tone for his missionary experience. Even though he knows the language, I can promise you he's nervous. Just remember how you felt your first month. Love you bud! Do great things!!

Kyler:
ahhh Thanks dad! I love and miss you!! So how is everyone?

Mom:
I think we are having problems with the server again...cause it is taking forever to get your emails!  How are you doing?

Kyler:
Yeah I think we are. dang....this sucks. 

Mom:
Kayden is in charge of Adams Army this year.  They are having a meeting right now in the chorus room.  He just told them that they will not tolerate drinking at all.  If he (or others) smell it, they will turn them into 
Dr. Bitterman!  I though that was pretty cool!

Kyler:
HAHA That's awesome!! Tell him I'm proud of him, and that I love him and that he's stud!!! hahahah :) 

Mom:
We are all going good! Kayden says hi and that he misses you and that he is taking after your leadership ways with Adams Army and when you get back you two are going to play golf everyday!

Kyler:
haha Tell him I'm ready!! But we'll have to wait till he gets back because he'll be on his mission!!!

Kayden:
Haha it's Kaybee!! I'm not going on my mission until I'm 19 so I can see you for a few months! And we can hang out!!

Kyler:
hahaha Kaybee!!! whats up big dog!! I miss you man!! I'm down with that as long as you promise you'll go!!

Kayden:
Nothing much, I miss you like crazy!! And I am wanting to go a lot more now!! Sorry I haven't written you in a while! I mean to but every Sunday comes around and I forget! I'm sorry! But I will sometime this week! But yeah we need to play a lot! I'm starting to do what you did before you left! I'm playing a lot and loving it!

Kyler:
Yeah we will!! Who do you play with?? But don't worry about it, I understand. It's hard to write! haha

Kayden:
Okay sweet! And I've played with Pete, but for the most part me and Dad have gone a lot! He's teaching me as we play! And I will get better at that!

Kyler:
Sweet! I want to play so bad!! I'm gonna suck when I get home!! haha oh well!! So hows being a senior and all??

Kayden:
Haha, you won't be that bad!! It's crazy, it doesn't feel real at all.  I took the phone from mom, and she says she misses you and loves you! She Is going to take a nap! But dang, you've been gone about 6 months.

Kyler:
Yeah tell her I love and miss her!! yeah 6 months tomorrow!!! It's flying by!! 

Kayden:
That is crazy!! Already a fourth of the way done!!

Kyler:
yeah boiii!!!! then ill be der!!!!! I cant wait!!!!  Hey man have to go...I love and miss you so much. Keep up the good work with everything. Stay strong and stay true to the Gospel. I promise God has an amazing plan for you. Put the Gospel and school first and everything will fall into place. I love you so much bro. Please tell Berk, Manning, and Carston that I love and miss them so much. I pray for you all everyday. I'm doing well here spreading the Gospel and feeling the spirit everyday. Love you man. Get us a tee time for a year and a half from now! 

Kayden:
I love you so much and miss you so much! You are an inspiration to me! I am doing a lot more church stuff to get ready! You are a huge inspiration and I love you for that!! Thanks man! Good luck, and I'll write you this week!' Talk to you later best friend!

1 comment:

  1. He is doing so great! Glad to see he is growing as a missionary.

    ReplyDelete